According to the paragraph 4-1 of Art. 9 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «About migration of the population» of July 22, 2011 No. 477-IV (hereinafter – the Law), law-enforcement bodies of the RK are given authority to register invitations for entry of foreigners into the Republic of Kazakhstan on private affairs, also to accept and coordinate invitations of the inviting parties on issue of visas of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
At the same time, According to the “Regulations for invitation, approval of invitations for entry into the Republic of Kazakhstan of foreigners and stateless persons, as well as issuance, cancellation and reissue the visa of the Republic of Kazakhstan and its term extension and reduction" (hereinafter – Regulations), for execution of the invitation for foreigners and stateless persons, the inviting party beforehand apply documents according to an established order to divisions of Committee of migratory service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – MIA of the RK), in turn, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – MFA of the RK) and foreign institutions of the RK issue visas of RK on the basis of the issued invitations.
MFA of the RK and foreign institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan accept and approve invitations of foreign policy departments, the diplomatic and equated to them representations, consular establishments of the foreign states, the international organizations and their representations (Art. 10 of the Law).
The invitation for entry into the RK on private affairs shall be submitted not earlier than a year and no later than two weeks prior to the expected date of entry of the visa recipient to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The petition or the note verbale shall be submitted not earlier than 90 days and no later than two weeks prior to the expected date of entry of the visa recipient to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The term of consideration of the invitation – 5 working days (from the date of appeal).
In order to register the invitation, the inviting party shall submit to the MIA of the RK the following documents on the place of registration:
1) to register the invitations for entry into the Republic of Kazakhstan on personal matters:
proof of identity;
an application form;
confirmation of state duty payment;
2) for approval of the petition of the legal entity or individual entrepreneur:
two copies of the table, provided on the Regulations;
confirmation of state duty payment;
In Rules it is possible to study the list of documents which are provided in addition depending on category of the required visa, and also which are provided by legal entities and individual entrepreneurs that apply for registration of invitations for the first time in the current year.
The place of visa issue shall be determined in accordance with the consular district, to which the country of nationality and (or) a permanent residence of the visa recipient.
To issue visas in the MFA of the RK and foreign institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the following documents and information shall be submitted:
1) The visa application form with a photograph;
2) When applying for visa in the foreign institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the number and the date of the invitation, registered in the MIA of the RK or MFA of the RK (number and date of the invitation issue to the visa recipient shall be informed by the inviting party), or a petition from the recipient of visa categories provided by Regulations;
3) A valid diplomatic, official, foreign passport or any other identity document, accepted as such by the Republic of Kazakhstan and granting the right to cross the State border of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) The original receipt of consular fee;
5) The additional documents required to obtain the visa in accordance with Regulations.
Terms of visa issuance shall not exceed 5 working days, except for C1 and B9 visas.
Terms of B9 and C1 visas issuance by the foreign institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan shall not exceed 5 months and, if a more thorough examination of the visa application documents is required, it can be extended to 7 months.