E-visa of the Republic of Kazakhstan
On January 1, 2019 the Republic of Kazakhstan introduced a pilot project procedure for obtaining a single entry visa for foreigners in electronic format.
An electronic visa (business, tourist and medical treatment categories) is being issued in accordance with a valid invitation from the Kazakh side, considered by the migration service units of the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Kazakhstan under the established procedure.
For reference: the Rules for issuing invitations, approving invitations for entry of foreigners and stateless persons to the Republic of Kazakhstan, issuing, cancelling, restoring visas to the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as extending and reduction their validity terms, approved by the Joint Order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 11-1-2/555 dated November 24, 2016 and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1100 dated November 28, 2016.
Tourist electronic visas are issued to citizens of 105 states, business and medical treatment visas - 18 states (the list is attached).
Tourist visa (category B12) is issued with a single entry for a period of up to 90 days and the right to stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan no more than 30 days.
Business visa (category B1) is issued with a single entry for a period of up to 90 days and the right to stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan no more than 60 days.
Business visas (category B2-B3) are issued with a single entry for up to 90 days and the right to stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan no more than 30 days.
Medical treatment visa (category C12) is issued with a single entry for a period of up to 180 days and the right to stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan no more than 90 days.
Foreigners can enter/exit the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan using valid electronic visas only through the checkpoints of international airports of Nur-Sultan and Almaty.
The electronic visa is issued through the Visa and Migration Portal (www.vmp.gov.kz).
The electronic visa is valid only for the visa recipient, it does not apply to accompanying persons and is not extendable. In case of travel document (passport) replacement an electronic visa should be obtained again.
Paid consular fees are not refundable.
The consular fee for a single tourist visa is 60 US Dollars, for business and medical treatment visas - 80 US Dollars.
Passport provided by a visa recipient should meet the following criteria:
1) not to cause doubts about the authenticity and belonging to its owner, contain reservations, records, erasures and corrections, torn or embroidered pages;
2) to have at least 2 blank pages;
3) to expire not earlier than 3 months from the expiry date of the requested visa;
4) to have marks about extension of validity period.
If the discrepancy of information is determined in the issued electronic visa and travel document certifying the identity of the foreign citizen, the electronic visa will be considered invalid and may cause a denial of entry to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
When crossing the State Border of the Republic of Kazakhstan and during stay in the country, a foreign citizen should have a valid travel document (passport) and a printed electronic visa.
Foreign citizens who have valid electronic visas are exempted from registration in migration authorities.
Visa and Migration Portal
- in order to obtain an electronic visa, a foreign citizen should register on the web portal (www.vmp.gov.kz);
- enter the section "electronic visa" and confirm existence of invitation;
- learn the requirements for obtaining an electronic visa;
- enter the invitation number (invitation number issued by migration authorities is sent by the inviting side in the Republic of Kazakhstan) and fill in the required passport details;
- after confirming the invitation, verify and confirm the compliance of the information in electronic visa and travel document (passport);
- pay consular fee online (after payment it's important to return to the personal cabinet of the Visa and Migration portal);
- print an electronic visa (the visa is being formed at the personal cabinet);
- present a printed electronic visa when passing through passport control at the international airports in Nur-Sultan and Almaty.
The Office (on documentation issues)
+7 (7172) 72-05-17, 72-01-14, 72-05-13, Fax: +7 (7172) 72-05-16
On Consular Issues
+7 (7172) 72-01-64, 72-04-71, 72-04-88, 72-03-07.
Kazakhstan MFA Representation in Almaty
7 (727) 272 07 40 - political and protocol issues
7 (727) 272 07 47 - office of the Department of consular services in Almaty (visa and other issues)
7 (727) 272 07 20 - legalization division
Duty Diplomat (on weekends and public holidays around the clock on working days from 18-30 to 09-00)
+7 (7172) 72-01-11
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan
31, Kunayev str.
010000 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan